Yelthadaas from the Coppers from the Hood series officially joins the permanent collection at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City
Please direct commission and purchase inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best of Us is featured as one of the "10 most covetable pieces for sale" at Art Toronto
- Nature Native: From Seattle to Nantes, an exhibit at the Museum of Nantes, France, will display images from RED: A Haida Manga, from July 3rd through September 20th, 2020.
- The Seattle Art Museum commissioned Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas to create a major Haida Manga piece called Carpe Fin. Painted in watercolours and ink and stretching two meters high and six meters long, this work was exhibited starting in the Spring of 2019.
- The War of the Blink, the follow-up to Michael's bestselling graphic novel RED: A Haida Manga, was published in November. The book has received incredible reviews and is already scheduled for a second printing.
- Michael was the recipient of two achievement awards - a BC Creative Achievement Award and the Hnatyshyn Foundation Award - and became a Shadbolt Community Scholar.
- Craft, at the Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art, Vancouver, BC.
- 1st Annual Autumn Opening, September 14 - 30, 2017, Udell Xhibitions, Edmonton, AB.
- Michael's contemporary sculpture Yelthadaas on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City.
- Copper from the Hood on display at the British Museum.
Michael Nicoll Yahgulanaas is a contemporary artist whose wide-ranging artistic practice explores themes of identity, environmentalism and the human condition. Influenced by both Haida iconography and contemporary Asian visual culture, he has created an artistic practice that crosses diverse cultures, generations, and disciplines in search of accessibility and engagement as a counterpoint to stratification and isolation.